LinuxTag 2009 is over. I slept 12 hours after that, slightly less than the total of sleep I got throughout the four days. But it was amazing. There’s so many people I have to thank that made this a unique experience. Here’s my attempt at a partial list. Thanks to…
- All visitors for keeping us busy through discussions, compiling buttons together, and by accepting all our sneaky attempts to hand out flyers.
- Gentoo e.V. for covering the costs for printing flyers, buttons, banner, sweets and drinks.
- Alex Legler for designing the flyers, the banner, making sure they get printed in time, and manning the booth.
- Sebastian Pipping for designing both the t-shirts and word cloud with me, and giving valuable of feedback on the booth presentation. He also organized sweets and the diner table of Tuesday evening.
- Christian Faulhammer for manning the booth longer than anybody else; he helped out throughout all four days, from the first minute until his train left.
- Tobias Scherbaum for approving all our funding requests; being there even at a busy time and organising the two Gentoo book samples.
- Wernfried Haas and Claudia, for creating and hanging up the great Larry prints again. What would a Gentoo booth be without them?
- Sebastian Dyroff for driving all the boxes to the exhibition grounds and back to my place, and staying at the booth for quite a while.
- Luca Barbato for being around every now and then, while not busy at the ffmpeg booth.
- Florian Streibelt for fixing the presentation machine, providing some hardware on short notice and his booth service.
- Daniel Sturm for lending the button machine and buying all supplies, and manning the booth.
- Fabian Groffen for taking the long drive from the Netherlands, and work the booth despite partying.
- Valentin Haenel for being at the booth on Saturday.
- Torsten Schmits for manning the booth on Friday. (Hope you get better soon!)
- Björn Tropf for preparing the flyer with Alex and being there two days.
- Gordon Malm for proof-reading and improving the flyer.
- Tobias Kral and an unknown messenger for getting the stickers and mouse pad to the event.
- Benedikt Böhm, Christian Parpart, and Hanno Boeck for stopping by at the booth and saying hello.
- All LinuxTag helpers for all the work they did, including full-time catering. Special thanks to Daniel, Sebastian Pipping and Fabian for participating in that.
- All corporate sponsors of the event, they paid for catering and parts of the Social Event.
- Fedora for the free pizza on Friday.
- Ubuntu Berlin for the barbeque on Saturday.
- All those who offered help for next year. We will come back to you, LinuxTag 2010 is June 9 to 12.
Let me finish with a few bytes of statistics. There were more than 10 000 visitors, we sold 39 t-shirts, drank 34 bottles of Mate and 10 bottles of water, and ate 3 kg of sweets. Ohh, and here’s us again: